Christmas is not only celebrated by Christians across the world, but by people of all faiths.
We wish our reader’s a Merry Christmas.
Christmas 2022: However, several reports have a different views on this. “Dec. 25 is not the date mentioned in the Bible as the day of Jesus’s birth; the Bible is actually silent on the day or the time of year when Mary was said to have given birth to him in Bethlehem. The earliest Christians did
It’s that time of the year when festive lights, celebratory decor and the sound of carols take over our homes, offices and market places – all of which mark the arrival of Christmas. It is the day Jesus was born and people around the world, christians or non-christians, celebrate the festival with
Days before the year comes to an end, it’s that time of the year when the festive spirit is high. Christmas is here! To help you send your wishes and messages to your friends and family this Christmas, here we list down some of them. Read on to know more!
On this festive occasion, here we share some beautiful and uplifting religious quotes that capture the spirit of the festival. These are a compilation of some Bible quotes and other, wise and heartfelt words of praise for the spirit about the festival. Read on to know more:
1. “Christmas began in the heart of God. It is complete only when it reaches the heart of man. Why wait for a call when you have a command?” —Robert Hughes.
2. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. – John 1:14
3. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, Which shall be to all people. “For unto you is born this day in the city of David A Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” – Luke 2:10-12
4. A song was heard at Christmas
To wake the midnight sky: A Saviour’s birth, and peace on earth,
And praise to God on high.
The angels sang at Christmas
With all the hosts above, And still, we sing the newborn King
His glory and his love.
– Timothy Dudley-Smith
5. “For, first, the birth of Christ was the incarnation of God: it was God taking upon himself human—a mystery, a wondrous mystery, to be believed in rather than to be defined.” — Charles Spurgeon
6. “For Christians, Christmas is a celebration of Jesus’ birth — that light has come into darkness and, as the Gospel of John says, ‘the darkness could not overcome it.’” — Tish Harrison Warren
7. “Look to Jesus this Christmas. Receive the reconciliation that he bought. Don’t put it on the shelf unopened. And don’t open it and then make it a means to all your other pleasures. Open it and enjoy the gift. Rejoice in him. Make him your pleasure. Make him your treasure.” — John Piper
8. “And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans–and all that lives and move upon them. He has given us all green things and everything that blossoms and bears fruit and all that we quarrel about and all that we have misused–and to save us from our foolishness, from all our sins, He came down to earth and gave us Himself.” — Sigrid Undset
9. “There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus the Christ. It is the time to love the Lord, our God, with all our heart—and our neighbors as ourselves.” —Thomas S. Monson.
10. “Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace.” —Pope Francis.
11. “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another, it’s about the Christian ethic, it’s about kindness.” —Carrie Fisher.
12. “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” —Matthew 1:21.